Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Blogging

Hello All

 

Today is Thanksgiving Eve-I am here at work for like 5 more hours but I wanted to start the day off with a BLOG!

 

A few months back my dad tells me that a lady he knows in Detroit has a son at Howard University and he didn’t know anyone and did not have a car and at that point needed help getting his stuff out of storage. My Dad being the great Christian man that he is says “hey I have a daughter in DC, she’s married-maybe she can help”. The mom calls me and we talk and I tell her NO PROBLEM.

 

So I text John and we talk back and forth and in the end he didn’t need my help moving, but fast forward a few months and he texts to say hi and I ask how he is doing and he says fine just a little homesick so I tell him “how about I take you to dinner” –so he agrees…Now back up just a bit, I think when his mom told him about the lady from Detroit who was married he assumed I was old smelling like mothballs or at least rocking some major gray hair and motherly type personality and I could tell by the way he texted me-SO I had to shut that NOTION down real quick.

 

 

Last night we were supposed to go to the place off Food Network, called COMET PING PONG. Raymond D and I have already gone, I wasn’t overly impressed besides with the super cool bathroom doors, but alas John wanted to go, but after spending 1 hour and 33 minutes in my car driving home from work AFTER leaving 10 minutes early I promptly John we’d go somewhere else.

 

MR. Bad directions who actually lives very close and right along me and Bella’s walking route, turned out to be a cool kid. He went to U of D just like my Joshy and you could tell, from the moment I picked him up and saw his attire-he scream U of D gentleman. I initially thought he was going to be fat, socially awkward, social retard, or seriously flawed, just based upon the impression his mom gave.

Thankfully he was not, we had a good time, I hung out way past my bed time, but it was cool.

 

I thought he was a junior but he is a sophomore this year BUT he is a December baby (the 23rd) so he will be a whopping 20 this year-YES I felt old, because as I was looking at this eager and excited young man I couldn’t help but remember when I was a sophomore…sigh..he told me I didn’t look my age and that I was pretty…not sure if that was out of pity or genuine thought

 

 

So I felt like Mrs. Jones-or whatever the term is for the older woman and the younger man….but that was my night!