Monday, April 13, 2009

monday

so i hate to start off my blog today all excited about something food related BUT alas I have found the bestest pancakes EVER!!
so my girl and i went to Bob Evans yesterday and they have these "Sweet Cinnamon" pancakes-I promise you my tongue was in total ecstasy-i strongly suggest that all of you find a Bob Evans and go try them and if by chance I am visiting you -PLEASE take me!

sooo my weekend was super cool
Friday I went to DC Improv for a comedy show-I had a BLAST-I haven't laughed that hard since, well, either at one of my own funnies or probably laughing at someone that was spawned by a joke from one of my horribly politically incorrect friends/family (ie Kellee)!
but man-it was my first time going to something like that-the comedian was Aisha Tyler-she was a hoot!
Saturday-let's see well the highlight of that day was I made black bean soup for the first time and although I have not tasted it yet-it appears to have come out really good-so we'll see

Sunday I went to church-YES-it was Easter!! But let me tell you why I was a little peeved-all the kids were in church who had CLEARLY gotten Easter baskets overflowing with candy and guess WHO was sitting in church with NO candy-YUP ME!!!
and those little terds did not offer to share AND they all had crunchy candy -my Mom never let me take the loud candy so yes I was sitting in church bemoaning the fact that I didn't have Easter candy-not that I needed for my "Summer 09 body" BUT that's NOT the point!

ummmm yesterday-i went on a self indulgence adventure-so my friend and i went to Bob Evans first (damn did i mention how good those pancakes were) ok then we went to have our toes and nails done. let me tell you how the Vietnamese ladies were about to fight in there-I guess a customer asked if they were talking about her and so the lady jokingly was like yes we are-so the customer is like well where i come from that's considered rude and bad manners-so now they start chattering loudly completely ruining my $25 zen, but alas the lady says she cant take it and leaves which puts the nail tech into a frenzy so it was a lot of yelling and such until the lady leaves, boy i thought it was going to be some ultimate fighter in there-sooooooo then the lady who had been harping on my eyebrows finally convinced me to get them waxed-which i had not had done since 2006-and proud of it-BUT she wore me down and i must admit i do kinda appreciate the clean look instead of looking like ........welll ernie and bert!!

soooo to top off my day of wrong I went to Coldstone Creamery and had more yummy stuff-i will not divulge details!

sooooo that was my weekend-great fun, many laughs, and although i was not with my family on Easter, my girl and I had plenty of fun to make me feel better!!

Happy Monday all!!