Thursday, April 9, 2009

FRIDAY EVE!!!

So i want to give a shout out (can i do that on here) heheh my blog MY way!!-anyway_i want to say thanks to my girl Brandi-she has been reading my lovely little chronicles and responding! love it love it!!
and yes Bean-it is about being rounded and diverse and not stuck inside a bubble of inactivity and the such.
so let's see in my world-first the doctor's office called me back yesterday to say my blood work was good, NO DIABETES, NO SICKLE CELL, and NO HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE-BUT................. my cholesterol was high-so of course now I am overly paranoid and nervous because I have to go back in for a follow up visit, I feel like I am Catholic and going to confession-BUT after a night of mulling it over-I realize what has called my cholesterol's demise...my love make that addiction to CHEESE-damn it!! The colby, the cheddar, the muenster-its so good-so gooey-so tasty-but ALAS no more-back to that big ugly elephant word-MODERATION!
Sighhh -I knew my reign as the cute mouse wouldn't be long!

Let's see I went to see my kids yesterday at the school and without saying too much, something happened with my little boy and his Mom on Monday and there was a bruise and the school social worker so I took some Easter candy and the coolest Match Box Cars that change color in water and some other stuff for my girl, BUT when I got to the door, the teacher was like" put a smile on your face-it's just Ms. April and she is not here to hurt you-she and I are here to help you"..
So that kind of broke my heart-so that was the down of my day-feeling so helpless-its like back when I did my short stint as a social worker and when you first get hit with the realization that you can only do so much, you can't save the world, and there will always be someone who needs your help.

BUT
I always feel like I can do more because there are so many people who don't do anything-so as I climb on my soapbox for a second-if you guys have any free time and its in your heart-donate your time-we get so caught up in the crazy of life and all of our problems-but there are so many people so many KIDS who have it SO much worst that even 1 saturday a month or something would make a difference..

ok to end on another high note-this is for my *diva* TOMORROW is FRIDAY-so let's just cruise through the day-so sweat the small stuff and don't pet the wet stuff (i saw that on a shirt once)

ok later