So I have not written lately- no particular reason-just haven’t had anything really funny or interesting or yummy to share
I am sitting here @11:44am-counting down my hours left in the day
Tomorrow is HOME-I can’t wait
I think the older I get and the more time I spend away from home-the more I cherish home and the more it means to me
Home represents so much to me-love, security, acceptance, and more
I can go home and be me-I can be nerdy, I can be funny, I can be needy, I can be lovey dovey, I can be overly affectionate, and it’s just me
Everyone knows it’s me-and everyone who still hangs around accepts it loves and doesn’t judge me
Home is the place where you can be vulnerable and yet safe at the same time
They say home is where the heart is and as I think about that-I don’t know if I really feel that
Home does not always have to be a physical thing, but to me it’s nothing like the familiar scents-faces, embraces
Nothing excites me more than going home and crawling in my parents bed or when Brooklyn aka Ami 2.0 comes running and jumping all over me
Money cannot buy the smile on my best friends face when I open the door and I haven’t seen her in months
*I officially know I am getting old because as I am sitting here reflecting-I am getting misty eyed at my desk*
I never get a lot of time home-I mean I will be there tomorrow and leave right out on Sunday morning-which really only makes me sadder
I feel like I am back at overnight camp and it’s the first night when I am there and I miss home-when I leave it becomes harder and harder
It’s something about leaving home not because you have to or are being forced out but because life has just placed you somewhere else
It makes you want to drag your feet-get one more hug-touch one more thing-take in the scents
Home is ditching the contacts wearing the glasses and lounging in pajamas it’s a constant it doesn’t change
It’s the one place in the world you know you can always go for love and acceptance
We get older-we get married we start our own lives but HOME is the memories that will always make us smile-it’s the good-not too much of the bad
Its Christmas for me-Christmas is my happy place-my happy memory
The smells-the sights-and sure they are not all memories that stem from my experiences and some come from holiday classics and movies
But it’s the one thing that invokes an overwhelming sense of love and euphoria-no matter how else I feel
So what is your HOME? What is your HAPPY memory