Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sometimes you just want that old thing back..

I am officially T minus 2 days before a certain someone gets to town... Now before anyone starts breaking out their abacus or counting on a calendar or fingers to identify how they think I may have miscounted...let me explain to you MY math

Tomorrow is Wednesday and then it's THURSDAY and Friday is the day HE arrives so clearly that day does not get counted because essentially that is like Christmas...For those not comfortable with that reference, it's like 4th of July and just because the fireworks don't begin until it's dark doesn't make the excitement any more subdued during the day

While there are moments of sheer excitement and anticipation there is also a relative calm within me

Many of those who have been on the journey of my heart with me for the past 1 year or so are RATHER excited and continue to ask me... ARE YOU READY FOR FRIDAY?  IT'S ALMOST THE 9th!! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR? WHERE WILL JORDAN BE? etc etc

I think the support team doesn't quite realize that while yes Friday holds a degree of HURRY UP AND GET HERE and IS IT HERE YET...the feeling can best be described as how I feel when I am preparing for a trip to Detroit, going home..

I am always excited to get home, sleep in MY bed, be in MY city, eat familiar food, be around familiar faces, but there is comfort in going home

Going home for me is parallel to that familiar sweatshirt, that favorite pair of flannel pants

SO Friday, December 9th, while I am SUPER excited to "be home" --there also is not the pressure to change my hair, get a new outfit or make changes or do things that one might do on a first date

PLEASE DO NOT READ THAT I WILL BE A SLOUCH OR LETTING MYSELF GO

But I do not feel anxious or overly worried about the outcome

Friday will come and from the moment I see all 6'6 of Mr. S walking my way, and the moment his eyes meet mine and they light up and twinkle with excitement (because YES when he sees me he lights up and his eyes twinkle) I will meet his smile and find myself in his arms and 2014 will replay and 2003 will play and we will be back to that oldie but goodie

I will sigh in relief that I can be me
I will smile knowing he knows all the good and the bad and the in between.....and for once in my life

I think i finally get the value in that
I value having families that are supportive and warm
KSN and I laugh often because I continue to find myself in relationships where the families are SUCH a bonus and with Mr. S it is NO different and I know he feels the same way about "Mother" and "Grampy"

There is a sense of two puzzle pieces that just fit

No jiggering and flipping pieces around...just a connection...an easy one...

laughter comes so easily

serious moments are shared

trust is built

love is reinforced

and that is why Friday after a year and some change (Mr. S can tell you the exact number of days and hours)
I am circling back to that constant theme

I am adding 2016 to the trilogy...the 3rd and final installment of Mr. S and Ms. April Holmes..

So stay tuned...because this is where the story gets good..this is where the story truly begins...and while some say in life there are no fairytales and while that may be true....in life there are some epic love stories and I think I can say mine has been in the works and the author has taken His time and included so many details

so many details that are OURS
and that is what going forth we will build upon ...hand in hand..heart in heart..trust in God...and a lot of prayers and support from those who know us and those who love us

xoxoxoxo