I have had a day to soak it all in
I have had a day to think about it all, to replay each moment, every laugh, every squabble
AND not to mention today was my travel day
which let me take a quick detour and say as much as i HATE getting up early
leaving to get on the road by 5am was a VERY smart move
I avoided all traffic and congestion and got home with plenty of time to unwind and possibly take a nap
Christmas 2016.....it was wonderful, it was exciting, it was different
there were familiar faces present
and faces absent
the older i get the more i look at December 25th through different eyes
As a Christian I understand the true reason we celebrate 12/25 and each year it becomes more and more special
In awe at the depth of love and sacrifice that my God has for me and made for me
From a human perspective, a Holmes perspective
I always go into the Christmas holiday just excited to be around my family and have some good eats and adult libations
I love the lights, I love the decorations, I love Piedmont traditions
Josh gets on my nerves, but then he's also the best
Mom made apple pie cheesecake and she and Jord made oreo-cookie-brownies
There was rum punch and Mullings Spice Cider and one night of Jack Daniels Honey
The red sheets were a toasty and the tree was a twinkling
the best part of it all was the love under the roof and the love in our hearts for those not there
As a Mother now, Christmas is now about carrying on traditions and sharing traditions with my daughter and seeing the look of excitement on her face as the music plays and the air is filled with love, laughter, and joy
So I guess I wrap up this blog by saying thank you to my parents for always making Christmas and holidays magical and for sharing it with not just me but Jord
We are a family that argues in one breath and loves hard and laughs heartily in another
But I would not change a moment of any of it
so Happy Holidays to all and to all a Happy New Year