After spending a wonderful turkey day in Detroit, I made the attempt to head back to Virginia earlier than normal, BUT those attempts were foiled and failed
The last two hours of the drive were filled with projectile vomit and excess traffic...
arghhh....
by the time I reached Ashburn, my spirit was a little downtrodden and I could not wait to exit the vehicle
I placed an emergency call to my CPP and uttered the words "Bring the disaster towels"...
as i pulled on Litchfield, he approached the car and the vomit ball in the back and the situation was neutralized
to think Grampy had just cleaned out that seat earlier that day-HA
but we had a wonderful holiday so many thoughts, so many emotions
the joy and thanksgiving of being with family
turkey day jord-josh-ray and i went to the game and that was definitely a good time
it was a new adventure and the company was just good and honestly just watching josh & jord brings
such happiness to my heart...Kellee has always been their #1 fan but now after really paying attention to them.... i too am on board
they laugh, they argue, they hug, they smile, he teaches, she learns, they are so much alike, its incredible
Jord and Gigi are a whole other dynamic....the adoration and excitement and as Uncle Corey described the pom-pom sweat factory-Jord looks forward to and thrives on Gigi's craftiness and creativity and it feeds her and then she returns to the Terrace expecting the same -(ha that is always a slight let down-but im working on it)
Grampy and Jord--all i can say is when she came up from the basement with Grampy's drill..... speechless!!!
My trip culminated with a very quick ..twitter like visit with the bestie...we laughed because now that we are Moms of littles..our conversation style has changed SO drastically..long gone are the days of long uninterrupted conversations...i'm sure if we had the Gigi's watch the girls we could have that but generally we get the majority of our talking done via text or email
and i think we are both comfortable and ok and operating in grace of where we are and the strength of our relationship....I am soooo THANKFUL for you KSN :)
My holiday was extra special because of a reunion the week before, an unplanned, yet ever so easy return and re-opening of a door that was not fully closed, but more left ajar
so my holiday had a little aspect of 3 times is the charm
I used to prescribe to the once a door is closed , do not re-open, do not rehash, but there is ONE individual who has defied my rule and made me eat my words
This guy and I have history and lately i've realized history, especially when the history is SO GOOD, is not something to take lightly
My Dad is quick to share wisdom and yes 85.5% of the time I listen, but this weekend we talked more and we talked about THIS GUY and my Dad gave me a lot to think about
I came to some conclusions.....a few are...
Love is not necessarily easy
Love WILL and DOES fight and if it doesn't maybe its not LOVE
LOVE does not give up
LOVE is not a dime a dozen
LOVE is forgiving ..and accepting
LOVE is soooo very powerful
*Love-y is currently putting bandaids on her hand on my floor, I'm counting 4 empty wrappers
LOVE is everything
and I am thankful for that kind of LOVE
so today's blog is all about the LOVE ..of...
FAMILY
FORGIVENESS
FUN
FOOD
FUTURE