Monday, October 3, 2016

A little Chick-Fil-A never hurt nobody

Happy Monday!!
and here we go again!!!

I havent ranted in awhile, I've been calm, I've been in control of my words and behaving well

HOWEVER

Today was one of those days, where someone triggered one of my RIGID, NON NEGOTIABLE, STRAIGHT TO 10 -DO NOT PASS GO areas in my life

My family
Specifically MY CHILD

let me rewind a bit

my child is a pretty good eater, she's not overly picky, and thanks to her parents, my parents, and of course HER Uncle Josh ...Jord has a palate inconsistent with most of her peers and I love that about her

school lunch....i dont recall my kindergarten food, BUT let me just say hers is lacking...and each week as i look at the menu for the week, my nose turns up and i instantly can pick the days that i know my child wont eat lunch

so after watching this month by month occur and talking to other parents whose kids too are suffering through school lunch and my child coming home famished , i decided to engage the Director

now i already knew menu was selected by their corporate office, which i am going to delegate THAT letter to my mother the ultimate letter writer, but i decided that the reasonable compromise was to prepare my child a lunch that my child would eat and therefore not have an empty belly and be able to focus on her studies vs hunger

As a reasonable parent i even recognize that their are dietary restrictions for other kids such as nut allergies, so sure no PB&J will be packed but for Day 1 -she had grapes, cucumbers, and turkey..

The email i received back from the Director, while possibly a little misinterpreted, although doubtful
inferred that my child should be encouraged ..starting at home to try the school lunch and she would have her teacher encourage  her to urge her to try the school lunch

Soooo how about NO

How about don't infer that I need have a discussion with my child about eating the school lunch that her father and i scoff at

How about you serve meals (that i pay for )that are more in line with the palate of a young child

How about if this policy is so strict you offer alternatives for children as you would in the same respect for kids with food allergies

I will NOT encourage my child to eat food I would not eat, especially if i am paying for said food

I wont get myself all worked up again BUT I decided to not reply to her reply and let it drop

I will continue to pack lunch for my child within the obvious dietary guidelines and restrictions and it would behoove them to allow my child to eat her lunch and not be forced to eat their lunch for the sake of "exploratory purposes"

Because if MY email was not clear enough.....in 23 more days my reinforcement aka the LAW aka MRS THIS IS MY GRANDBABY aka MRS DONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER aka I GET RESULTS aka GIGI will be here on my doorstep and I am NOT above stepping aside and letting Mrs. Ellen B handle this!!!!