Most people when asked what they were doing at 2:25 this morning would say without hesitation...SLEEPING!!
Ask ME what I was doing at 2:25 this morning....well let's see you know one of the most annoying noises you can hear in the wee hours of the night/morning
the CHIRP CHIRPING of a dying....dead...battery in your smoke detector
Now try as I might, I couldnt just ignore the chirping so I finally willed myself out of my sleep (my dont have to work the next day deep sleep) (my 50-something degrees and windows open with flannel sheets and blanket pulled up to my nose SLEEP) and in my stupor ascertained that the offending chirping, ill-timed battery dying detector was in my room
SO since these are no longer the alarms you can just pop the battery out and go back to sleep... I had to devise a plan
Now most plans at this time of the morning are not well planned nor executed..
so I stood on top of my trunk trying to open up this smoke detector..once i finally figured that out what did i find...oh a bunch of electrical wires and a BIG WARNING that said...do not open until you have disconnected power...SO
I decided to avoid electrocution and I shut it...and the chirp went on....
THEN i remembered the home inspector saying the new smoke detectors had a different source of power that didnt rely on batteries so people could not just disconnect them and forget about them and then their house burn down
BUT i couldnt remember anything further...after all its ONLY almost 3am
so i closed the detector and cursed my brother who SURELY would have known how to fix it had he been there and i did what any smart and resourceful woman would do....
I picked up my still slumbering child and shut my bedroom door and went across the hall to HER room and HER cozy bed and from there we went back to sleep with the faint beeping across the hall now a muted annoyance ....and slowly we drifted back into a restful sleep
well semi-restful
because then i had a crazy dream where I showed up late for my bestie's wedding and my bridesmaids dress was handed to me and I was unprepared for the fact that it was a halter dress AND somehow i managed to have not shaved my armpits AND i was wearing black stockings under a cream see through-ish lace dress
*FULL DISCLOSURE-I woke up this morning and shaved my pits on principle*
So I walked down the aisle and everyone was commenting on how awful i looked
That was my night chirping and hairy!!!!!!!!!
Tonight I am hoping for sweet dreams and rest.....