Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's been awhile

Only Staind could say it better…and if you have to ask WHO..Google it!

 

What’s up with me…So for starters I feel I should be off still because we all know after 3 or 4 days off your mind goes to a very happy lazy place….I kinda feel like after MLK day we should get Coretta Scott King Day..just to extend this week a bit….OR maybe today can be like Malcolm X day…I don’t care WHO we honor if I can have a free day off of work…

 

 

This weekend I was bitten by what I thought initially was a spider and then I thought bed bugs-which I got a FLETC..(go figure) BUT after my hands and arms being covered I realized on Saturday morning when this ALL started was when I took my dog to Petsmart to get a bath…Now the worst part is about me getting bit is that #1-my dog does NOT have fleas nor did she get bit BUT me on the other hand from just dropping her off got bit…so #2-someone who was taking their pet is nasty and lives in the woods and hopefully was paying for a flea dip..because now my hands itch and my dog sleeps peacefully

 

 

Another sad state of affairs in my life…My pickles that my brother got me..I have ONE left..ONE folks..ONE….I may have to make an immediate trip to NYC…when is the Super Bowl..that seems like a great time to disappear….

I tried to make my own pickles per the Food Network…I think it was on THE BEST THING I EVER ATE…one of the cook’s said instead of tossing the remaining pickle juice..toss something else in there to pickle…SO I put in a pack of pickling cucumbers and I expect some tasty ass pickles SOON

 

So it seems all my friends are going or have gone back to school to pursue higher degrees and I am no dummy so the pressure is on..and I guess what makes it worst is I took the GRE and I have been accepted into 2 different Master’s programs but life got in the way and I put it on hold…but I am newly focused now ESPECIALLY since my job will pay my way…so my new goal is to tackle the MA in Criminal Justice and honestly I would love to pursue a higher degree after that…I’m Josh’s sister and part of our motivation is the pursuit of our own greatness and having a smug satisfaction in our greatness, so while yes a PhD would be a great accomplishment if I can pull or WHEN I pull it off, more importantly the prospect of having everyone call me Dr. April is So damn pleasurable..now I know I will have one resistant individual who will fight me …but eventually Josh you will get on board..you can call me Dr. Sister of mine!!

 

 

I’m practicing a few ideas and titles and BEST believe I will sign it on EVERYTHING even inappropriate things like Christmas cards, in church, etc!

 

 

Yes….so first things first..applying for the MA program!!!!