I like my sleep
everyone who knows me knows that
I love a good nap
I took full advantage of having a child and taking naps when she napped
I love that even now at 5 she still can be forced and coerced into a nap
although let me caveat and say someone else who loves a good nap and can do it anytime and anywhere at the expense of those around him ......JOSHUA***
so last night for a moment, well several and then several more I somehow lost my mind and stayed up far past my regular bedtime (which per my Mom is early) but then it became normal adult late and then it became I don't have a job late
and here is what I learned...
when you are under 30 the concept of sleep is DIFFERENT and more FLUID and CONCEPTUALIZED
when you are an auntie or uncle with no kids...the same fact applies
There is something about becoming a parent or OVER 30 that makes sleep a coveted thing like the Willy Wonka Golden Ticket
Admittedly- I brought the staying up late for the sake of laughter and love on my own self
There was no bribery, no twisting of the arm, not even any negotiations
and yet at 130am when even me and my fuzzy math could calculate 3.5 hours of sleep
I kept smiling , I kept laughing..I kept talking...
but now......
Im sleepy
I am going to drive home with no heat on in my car..
I am leaving work at 4
I am getting in bed with Jordan tonight..no judgment
My body aches
I won't ever do this again....
well just not tonight :)