So I dutifully got the new SADE album on ITUNES yesterday and I am listening to it now at work.
It's very classic Sade, but what its reminiscent of to me-is an evening alone with THAT one, some dim lighting, candles maybe, no clock watching, maybe some massage oil and just getting caught in the moment-staring into each others eyes-lots of soft sensual kisses
i think you get the picture...so i will say IF you are a SADE fan-you will enjoy it-I have heard many argue that all her music sounds alike and its dark and depressing, but I think her music is mellow and very chill-its the kind of music that IS the glass of wine AND the warm Calgon bath-her music exudes that type of mood-it says hey slow down take your time...walk around barefoot, sit down in your favorite comfy chair with a blanket and some nice hot tea in a very aromatic scent -jasmine petal, Tazo Passion are two that come to my mind
i hope everyone had a wonderful cupid day and all that that may infer
what i learned about myself this year-was that yes there is a certain commercialism to the day of February 14th and yes you should acknowledge your love each and everyday seeing that life is a gift-a very precious gift-and regret is a land of sorrow-BUT if you feel the day is too trendy or over publicized than step away from the norm create your own memories-make the day special to you and yours for other reasons-i had a very non traditional vday weekend and it was amazing-nothing about it screamed HALLMARK-but it screamed "I LOVE YOU" ="I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE IN MY LIFE"-"THIS SPACE WE SHARE TOGETHER IS MOST PRECIOUS"
SO i say all that to say dont let the calendar dictate your terms and standards and customes-make your own-set your own tone-make your own rules (relationship wise-follow the laws) but no one says 2/14 is the ONLY day to acknowledge your love or get a card to say I LOVE YOU
do what feels right and do it often