Monday, August 8, 2016

Daily dose of SHALLOW

I talk about transparency and authenticity a lot
i like to feel like i am a straight up person
i think i am honest and true

recently i MAY have been a bit snide about people's "friend screening process" and i've always worked from a place of trust upfront UNTIL  you give me a reason to revoke the friendship pass and then good luck getting it back

but as i have delved a bit deeper into the term "FRIEND" i have determined that i like the person i judged-- have my own process and if not a process i definitely have categories and buckets in which i play people in my life

i realized recently there are people who i am close to BUT i dont have that sense of deeper connection..there are people i can chat with and chat with frequently but they dont really know me

i have some people who i connect with but dont really have that vulnerable and raw closeness

in most social settings (SHUT UP JOSH-I can be social) but for example work...i appear super friendly, bubbly, and people probably think i am the life of a party...BUT that is superficial...despite all the hi's and waves and socializing in the halls ...there is but ONE who actually knows me, tolerates me, and still loves me...

Here at 34 I have a great circle of ladies who support me and encourage me, but adding in that level of vulnerability where I am completely open to how i feel, ups and downs, wishes, dreams, and desires...There are but a few

I have two ladies who i can be completely brutally honest with about EVERYTHING from finances to boys and there is trust, there is love, there is mutual respect and understanding

i know advice is given in love, i know that secrets are safe, and i feel there is reciprocity in these relationships

i dont count my family in these statistics because that is different****

When I use the word shallow..its not necessarily bad..I think every person in our life fills a role and everyone is not meant to help you count out every stretch mark and know the intimate details of your life, maybe a friend is your meal buddy or shopping buddy

either way, friends are precious, true friends are invaluable, and the best of the best of those are just indescribable