Monday, August 22, 2016

A whole lot of guilt

when the people you rely on in life go on vacation...

im driving to work today as i do every Monday but something was different..what you ask...oh lets see it started with Mrs. McEvil not being at work today, which ok in fairness i should be understanding because i more than anyone understand the need to take a day for some R&R or just not coming into work BUT STILL

then my PARENTALS whom i usually talk to on my drive in..oh let me tell you where they are...ON A CRUISE....who leaves their 34 year old daughter all alone...WHO DOES THAT...oh let me tell you..THE HOLMES'

I will say my darling brother did try to call me , I'm sure just to check on me, make sure my shoes were tied and I didnt stick my finger in the socket BUT by the time he called I was actually at my desk pouting...

Mondays are well...everyone feels how they feel about Mondays..its my day to ease back in and i like when people do not bombard me with questions, requests, OR expectations!!

I love that about my boss, if we dont have meetings...she will easily hide in her office and me at my desk until well after noon like today then we can touch base on anything upcoming for the week

So after a smooth day at work I skipped on out the office and headed home to use my NEW Toy...his name is MR GREY and he is a descendent of the Le Creuset family...He comes from good stock and right now he's making my kitchen SUPER HOT

lol
Mr Grey replaced my long lost Red &Black Dutchies and since I have a new toy I couldnt wait to get home to COOK

I spent all day yesterday mulling over the PERFECT maiden meal to be cooked in my new GUY...
I decided on my ULTIMATE, LABOR OF LOVE, not a quick meal....you better love the recipient meal

Bon Appetit's Braised Beef Short Ribs with Chocolate and Rosemary!!!

Now I have not cooked this dish in over a year and I certainly remember why...the food prep alone took me a good 45 minutes and that does not account for the 3.5-4 hours cook time...

BUT let me tell you...as the pancetta crisped...and the red wine reduced and deglazed....I was in my element ....
I hope all who sample my treat enjoy and appreciate the decadence and savor the myriad of sinfully delicious flavors.....


Anyhow-that was my Monday FUNDAY