Monday, July 25, 2016

Just Breathe...

Well another Monday under the belt

I don't know about you but mine was overwhelming and hectic and I allowed myself to be filled with anxiety in trying to get a ton of things done and couple that with not one but two desks moves
taking my total to 14 since working in the building and well yes I felt frazzled

Between the extra responsibilities and the shortage of employees and the influx of new employees who require a little extra instructions and transition time....I felt like I was just spinning and spinning

I was grateful for my time at the gym although before I even began my workout I was sweaty due to the high temps in DC today

So amidst all of the things going on today I forgot to do the ONE thing that I know I ought to and the ONE thing one of my current Christian songs tells you to do and that is to ...JUST BREATHE

Had I taken the time to BREATHE

Had I slowed down

Had I closed my eyes and asked for a little PEACE & PATIENCE

I think my day would have felt more manageable

But alas at 4pm...well I stopped and talked so more so at 424 pm I left the door and amazingly I left all those feelings and all the stress behind...

It melted off of me just like sweat in the 100 degree heat and humidity and I entered back into the zone

the zone filled with purpose and understanding and calm

the zone where what makes me happy is the love of family

what makes me happy are texts from my Bestie from her day at the zoo

what makes me happy is hearing my Mom tell me about her "generation good luck" students

what makes me happy is pulling up and seeing my Punky Brewster child coming to the door and running to my arms

what makes me happy is coming home to my princess palace and having A/C and feeling so blessed

what makes me happy is knowing where true love and joy comes from and what it looks like

so if you have had a crazy Monday or whether it was fabulous...dont forget to take a moment to

Just BREATHE :)