Well Kellee this blog has been in the works or at least in the back of my head for a few weeks and of course with your delayed departure I have been afforded extra days
I know you have anxiety and excitement about going into the unknown and this experience for you is unknown
but a few things I wanted to share with you as someone who lives 500 miles away from her "HOME"
#1-View this move as an adventure...its an adventure to live somewhere new and different..you have always lived in Detroit and this is your chance to see other parts of the US AND Ohio is just our next state over..who knows you may become like Josh and never want to move back lol
#2-living somewhere away from your family can make your either truly appreciate the love and support you have at home or it can make you truly appreciate your independence and space :)
#3-you are able, capable, and amazing and this move will be your chance to see those things...when you have to be strong you discover just how STRONG you are and can be...
#4-This is move is about YOU and YOUR immediate family...while its not the popular thing to say and no one wants to hear..when you get married you and your husband cleave and become one and the priority goes to the 4 of you first and foremost. Think about all the military wives who move countless times and move countless miles away..they do it for their Country yes but they do it because that is what they married in to. While slightly different in some ways it is not, Biblically speaking Dereje is the head of the house and your role is to support him and if this job means him being better for you and the girls...well you know what the path is.... Others may disagree BUT at the end of the day...YOUR house ...YOUR decisions...we all can determine how we want our own house to be.
#5-This move will be what you make it, if you are excited and open minded about it...that is the experience you will have ...yes you will always miss the comforts of home but there is so much more out there and there are experiences to be had in Ohio that you and your family will share and the girls will share and it will give them a much richer childhood
#6-Do I miss home yes? But would I trade the friends/family and experiences I have had living away ...ABSOLUTELY not! There are plenty of times and things that I think man if only my Mom were right around the corner, but then I look around at the makeup here and my support system here and its quite rare what you have had with having your nuclear family so close to you and readily accessible...at times I have been envious BUT I look at the example I have set for Jordan and what a strong woman looks like and that she and I are not only SMART but KIND and HUMBLE and STRONG and RESILIENT and CAPABLE and we have realized that family is not always defined by blood ties but by those who you connect with and you can rely on...
#7 -so I say all this to say..I'm proud of you..I am SO excited for you..I am only a phone call away...no tears Kelz..just put on your crown and chin up buttercup..You GOT this!!!