What a TERRIFIC Tuesday
let me start by saying I am not necessarily a slacker BUT there is something about the combination of your boss being out coupled with an 89 degree day that makes the average person well lets just say focused elsewhere
My morning started with the usual amount of shenanigans on behalf of my TERRIFIC daughter...Me: Jord get out the bed or we will be late Jord: it's too cold out the bed, my eyes are cold Me: *blank stare*
So to say my day started with laughter was an understatement and did I mention by the time I got to work it was already 74 degrees, PRIME picking for utter mental distraction
Sans my boss I was unstoppable...
Anyhow-work was great-it's always a TERRIFIC time when my days are not spent in meetings all day
This past weekend my Josh showed me this candle and the title captivated me MANLY INDULGENCE
That kind of name intrigued me and so I had to check out the candles...the one that I got was called appropriately SUIT and TIE
I am a woman who loves descriptives words and painting a picture and image with adjectives
when this candle arrived and i smelled this candle ..... *lets just pause
SUIT and TIE
when you close your eyes and allow your senses to truly take this aroma in...just WOW
you picture a man, one not anything less than dapper
you visualize a man with a fresh shave and shiny shoes
you picture a gentleman, well groomed in not only his appearance but his behavior
you picture a man who holds doors and pulls out chairs
you picture your quintessential GUY when you smell SUIT and TIE
Now that Josh has opened that door I cant wait to smell the other scents: Bachelor Pad (maybe not so much this one), Ivy League, Midnight (definitely this one), Last Call, of course Black Tuxedo, Fresh Shave, and 5 O'clock shadow...
I dont know about you but my sense of smell is one of my most powerful and favorite...it invokes memories and memories are lasting
Scent (albeit I am referring to good scents) lingers and scent is :
-the most powerful memory trigger
-a woman's scent tells more about her than her handwriting
-can be like a drug
-is all about trying to communicate emotion
I have so many favorite scents..too many to list...although my favorite scent just like my favorite memory and my favorite everything is....the smell of Christmas...the pine, the spices, the egg nog, anything and everything Christmasy....
ok i think today was two different thoughts...but hey my blog..my thoughts lol
laters