Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's been awhile

It’s been a long while to be honest..Life got busy and I took on new duties as a Mom and continued my efforts to be a better wife and better person and my blog has gone neglected.

I was inspired by a friend who is on a new journey of awakening and revelation to pick back up my outlet for expression and sharing my thoughts/feelings/ideas.

 

I also was talking to some coworkers-a new couple and reminded when that was Raymond and I…it’s funny how compared to some we are that “old married couple” and to others we are just in the early infancy stages of marriage

 

Inspiration comes from so many areas…I think sometimes it boils down to whether we are open to it or not…

 

Almost a month ago my other other half had a little girl, Amaya and from all the joy of her arrival I am a bit sad because I feel so far away now more than ever. I am not there for the week by week growth and observation..I am not there to hold her and allow her to begin to recognize me and although eventually I know that will come but right now I am here ..still working on a plan.

 

There is something about having children that adds a new perspective to your world and life.

 

I am utterly amazed and in AWE at Jordan….her smile her laugh her cry

I come to work and even though sometimes it can be a much needed break to check emails and make appointments…I can NOT wait to pick her up..to see the unconditional love in her eyes to see her face light up…wow I can’t even describe how overwhelming it feels and how my heart swells

 

Kellee is where I was not too long ago and I LOVE and am SO excited for her as she has this experience and begins down this path as a Mom..it truly is the best thing ever..I am sure there will be challenges later especially the older they become and throwing in the discipline factor but now when all they want is love and affection………..it is SO rewarding….

 

 

Jordan and Amaya are such gifts…they are also surrounded by so much love which every child should feel

 

It breaks my heart…well I will not open that can right now.. I will just say during this time of the year it’s important to be thankful and grateful and recognize all your gifts and all that you have because there are always those with less and many with none

 

This time of the year is always a good time to really look at our priorities and what got all of our time and attention during the year..

How did we spend our free time…did you touch any lives…are you making this world better or not contributing

Do those around you know what they mean to you

 

Do you place value on love and loved ones or on the material things……

 

As I sit at my desk and look at the many photos of all my loved ones up the one constant is my smile and it reminds me every day of why I smile and the love I feel

 

I may do a few blogs on what I am most thankful for

 

Today I am most thankful for my family….and those that know me..know my family is not defined by blood lines..my family is defined by those people that shower me with love and guidance and laughter..those people that help make me me…

Yes I have great siblings and parents but sometimes it the other folks who are placed in our lives that really help us learn about the meaning of love..the people who CHOOSE to be there

The people who despite flaws and quirks STILL love you

My husband…he LOVES me and he doesn’t have to..BUT he met me and CHOSE to spend HIS life with me and for us to start a life together and create a family..that kind of love when you think about it is AMAZING

It’s harder but worth it…

Josh..Shurony ..Kris..Reg…Mom/Dad…Kellee-they love me because they have too-HA HA..they can get mad at me but at the end of the day the worst thing is I get the silent treatment for a few but they are still stuck with me…but my HUSBAND and some others who decide everyday they are TEAM AJ/APRIL/JANELLE

 

I am So thankful and grateful for that LOVE
I wish everyone could experience this love and know what a GIFT it is

 

Okay-wrapping it up

Here is a quote ..some food for thought

 

"It's easy to get lost in endless speculation. So today, release the need to know why things happen as they do. Instead, ask for the insight to recognize what you're meant to learn."

 

- Caroline Myss, is a best-selling author and medical intuitive.

 

april janelle

"Let go of the things you fear to lose. Die to your attachments. Free yourself from everything you think you are and embrace the truth that you are abundant, eternal, fearless and worth being loved."

 

- Jackson Kiddard, author and polymath.