This morning I had an appt for a hour long infrared sauna wrap...I got it on Groupon and it seemed like a good idea at the time...so since it was about to expire today i went..
now i am definitely the chick who is self indulgent and all about some pampering...it just makes for a better person
so the lady tells me ahead of time to bring an extra pair of undergarments because mine would be completely sweaty after
I get there get on the bed under the thin blanket and then the lady comes in and begins to seal me in..first layer is the blanket and then the layer of plastic and finally i am covered in what looks like a HUGE sleeping style heating pad...she informs me she will check on me every 10 minutes and if i do get really hot i can take my arms out but for maximum detox and sweating stay in there
The first 20 minutes were a breeze..i wasn't sweaty and I thought maybe i'm just not a sweaty person..so i am laying there enjoying the peace and serenity and brainstorming all kinds of things..and THEN around 30-35 minutes the HEAT kicks in...I can feel the sweat..I tried to not focus on it ..I tried to think about my happy place CHRISTMAS and my HOLIDAY MOVIES but the heat was overhwelming...I was begining to sweat from my toes and ears and everywhere in between...I was determined though to get the full benefit and keep my hands tucked in...
somewhere during that last 20-25 minutes i thought this DETOX is a great metaphor to life and to the current season we are in...
I went in to this place feeling fine but thinking I would love to have a glow and so in order to get there I decided to DETOX
I think DETOX can apply to so many areas of our lives..
Sometimes we have unhealthy habits and we are saying we will change for the new year or maybe we have unhealthy relationships and we don't want to go through the drama or the pain of sweating them out...
But I think the lesson is that sometimes we have to get to the HOT sweaty part of something in order to get rid of the toxins..and then feel better and lighter....
i am currently trying to detox my eating..its hard because you KNOW i love food...so it's a challenge for me..but when i wake up and feel energetic and alive ...i have to think it's worth it..
our friends..sometimes we have unhealthy relationships with people.codependent realtionships and we KNOW they are not functional but if we are honest with ourselves if someone is not helping you become a better person or if you have to hide who you really are...maybe it's time for a DETOX..
Detoxing requires laying there in our sweat or in our situation and being still and trying to find better alternatives and finding a better way to become a better person....
at the end of my session..i was ready to jump off the table ..especially because i had been eyeing the glass of water she brought in 20 minutes prior..but i left out of there feeling awake and alive and full of energy....i had a new calm and new peace
so while this is just my two cents.....detoxing was good for me