OK so I promised no more serious blogs so I will TRY to keep this one light
I am doing a combined blog today ..my regular blog and my pregnancy blog….I think this is an issue that straddles both worlds
All of my life I have been a certain size…when I diligently worked out I was a small sleek size 2 and in later more lazy days I am a plump size 4…and I am ok with it…as long as I float between those two and not climb to higher numbers
I attribute that to good genes…as my bestie says some people have it..most people don’t
There are some folks who are cursed with a metabolism and body type that requires heavy cardio daily
Josh and I have been blessed with the opposite
Josh got more of the naturally thin gene as did my cousin Charles and Roderick which is a crying shame because they are men…hell make them go to the gym, they will never have to birth a baby…even my dad who SIMPLY cut out ice cream is looking thin and trim as I don’t know what
Now I understand at 5 months pregnant I should NOT be worried about my weight
Not in a EAT WHAT I WANT kind of way which I make a point to NOT do..BUT I am by no means on a diet
On to my POINT
I have gained 15 pounds thus far…and before anyone sucks in air..my doctor said I am doing really good and NOT over gaining or going crazy, so that makes me feel better and I am trying not to dwell on it BUT
As someone who even on her worst day wasn’t over 140…..carrying 15 EXTRA pounds-OMG!!!
Let me tell you
I do not know how people do it…I don’t say this in a mean way but 5 pounds I could see the change..10 pounds I could not avoid the change and 15 pounds…I FEEL THE POUNDS
I do not know how the average person continues to gain…I am very in tune with my body and I PROMISE you..my body aches …my knee which was already bad..I can feel it MORE
I creak and I can feel it in my back…honestly I can feel it everywhere
Which really got me thinking how overweight kids do it…how obese adults do it
Working out may not be fun and it may not be trendy amongst all but if it prevents me from feeling like this…I won’t find another excuse to miss the gym
Now like I said before I am able to not fully give to the gym and I can manage that through healthy habits and such and maybe moderate exercise but right now with this unavoidable gain
I want to warn EVERYONE..do not gain weight if you don’t have to..if you are pregnant FINE
Otherwise get up off your ARSE and sweat and there is a cardio for everyone
I’m sitting here at my desk now and my BACK hurts
WTH
If I had an extra 50 or 100 pounds on my frame….I wouldn’t make it
Sigh…anyhow…just wanted to share…..it’s amazing to watch my body grow and grow for a cause versus just growing
Not to be graphic but now my belly kinda eclipses all else so I can’t imagine not being able to look down and see whatever it is I want to see on a normal day
I recognize my state is temporary but it has given me a totally new perspective on the world of gaining weight and being round