Monday, September 10, 2018

Monday randomness

So today I was trying to maintain my momentum in my writing and as I was thinking of WHAT to write about..

my mind was all over the place...so instead of writing on one topic I thought maybe I would share snippets of my day...thoughts...random ideas...feelings

My day started with aggravation because the dog walker texted this morning to ask if I sent the payment for the week and I was a bit put off because I felt like normally when I left cash...its there when he gets there not paid in advance....so yea that just rubbed me the WRONG way

I pay on time end of discussion


thought 2--work normally is fun and i enjoy the people i work with but recently with the oppression of my boss and her involvement in everything i do short of sneezing...work has become frustrating and a point of stress...and now i have to think about what i can control in this little story and that's myself and so tomorrow hopefully i can talk with my bosses boss and i am going to present the idea of a "6 month rotation" to another office and hopefully by the time that is over my boss has found another job



3rd thought--when is the FALL back??I am anxious for that extra hour...coupled with today being   64 and rainy and boy a nap and a book and blanket would be good

4th-As i am driving from MD back to civilization and the land of the good roads and high taxes randomly a quote from LOVE JONES popped in my head and it couldnt be more appropriate now at 36 with a husband an ex husband and a child...and the line was "All of this people running around here jumping, skipping, falling in love...falling in love ain't shit. Somebody talk to  me PLEASE about how to stay there..

I am not sure where that random memory of that line came from BUT maybe because I may have read a romance novel a time or two and yea there is something about the "falling in love" and no movie no book addresses the STAYING there...so Savon ...I feel you ..I didn't get it at 16 because what did I know but 20 years later...LOVE JONES is so very relevant 

5th- As I was listening to my Itunes library which is an eclectic mix of pretty much every genre of music... A Gary Allen song " Life Aint Always Beautiful" came on...and just a few of the lyrics are...
Life ain't always beautifulSometimes it's just plain hardLife can knock you downIt can break your heart.Life ain't always beautifulYou think you're on your wayAnd it's just a dead end roadAt the end of the day.But the struggles make you strongerAnd the changes make you wiseAnd happiness has it's own wayOf taking it's own sweet time.No, life ain't always beautifulTears will fall sometimesLife ain't always beautifulBut it's a beautiful ride. 

And then the next song on shuffle was Kirk Franklin's --Help Me and so I was sitting snickering to myself thinking about the mood I was in ..and all I could say is I was somewhere between Country and the healing of a good Gospel song...

and for the next 20 minutes my Itunes shuffled between the two genres and for that 58 minute drive home...it was cathartic


Last thought of the day--well maybe second to last thought...

As I was driving through the back roads of MD ..the roads less traveled and untouched by all of the glitch and glam and snobbery of Northern Virginia...i took in the beauty but then i also was worried and unsettled because i was not familiar with the area and the atmosphere

and almost as if my thoughts were heard I saw one of the the NO HATE signs and another sign that said ALL are welcome here and it had hands of every nationality and color...

and while that allowed me to sigh and focus on the last 17 miles of my drive..it also made me sad that in 2018 signs like this are needed and it just reminded me of a time where signs had to be displayed to indicate to MY people that it was okay for us to stop or receive service there

wow 2018 or 1930s ????

Last thought..... oh shoot i forgot it..... lol