As I drove in to work this morning my mind settled on a bit of a sentimental place..
Everyone who knows me knows that LOVE is the soundtrack to my life...
As I rested on that idea for a minute I really started to think about ALL the ways that LOVE is in my life
The first thought was about my child....my Jordan...man how my heart melts and expands for this little girl
Her smile, her affection, her empathy and capacity to feel for others astonishes me
I fall more and more in love with her EVERY DAY.....
Having a child has taught me to be selfless and sacrificial and to really comprehend what it means to put someone else and their happiness first...
Then comes my Mom......I grew up in a pretty dang great house..my parents demonstrated positive love and a positive healthy marriage..one that for so long I have searched for and tried to emulate (quite unsuccessfully---although I have learned I have to pave my own road and path)
But my Mom was nurturing and kind and she poured in to me and she made me feel special everyday
and now as a woman and a mother myself..my love for her runs SO incredibly deep... to recognize and understand her sacrifice and choices she made ... to say I could ever repay her is an understatement
and of course in no order...my Dad...the man who loved me first...the man who showed me how a princess should be treated...a man who loved me and loves me and tells me every day...
my parents are amazing but Jordan's GRANDPARENTS are something indescribable
to watch them love a part of me...to watch their relationship grow..to see the smile when E-Gi and Grampy are mentioned or are visiting
again it just makes me heart swell
another kind of love that renders me speechless is Josh & Jord...
to watch these two... arghhh I am a fan
my love for my brother is immeasurable but to see him with my child who is SO much like him and who LOVES being affectionately referred to as his "twin"
If seeing my brother with Jordan is any indication of the type of father he will be someday his kids are going to be so blessed
My husband... that's a love that I am still learning...learning to accept that someone loves me the way they know how and in their capacity and while it may not be what I sometimes expect or think that doesnt mean they do not love me unconditionally
I am learning that love does require effort although I think with and for love it should never feel like EFFORT ..
I think when you truly love someone and you put their happiness and their feelings above your own..it feels dare I say NATURAL
which leads me to another INCREDIBLY important and forever love in my life..Kellee Ann...
Our relationship has taught me that love spans time and zip codes and kids and husbands and when its strong nothing can change it
Our love taught me that I can be 100% me in the safest relationship with no judgment and always honest..
This relationship is one of my most sacred... Its like that of my family has been lifelong and she breathes life and friendship, trust and everything in between and above and beyond
When I think about the types of LOVE and all those that LOVE me I am just full
I think of Ray-my ex husband -my child's father and that relationship..unconventional love for SURE
This is a love that proves that while titles may change and society may object to our definition of love and FAMILY we can choose to forge our own path
One where the focus of LOVE is the beacon and our mutual LOVE of OUR daughter is the start and end of everything we do
I think of my in-laws and the way they not only embraced me but the way they have loved on and embraced my child as if she is theirs
I know everyone does not always have this level and constant stream of love from so many aspects and so many avenues..
but just imagine if they did....