Tuesday, January 31, 2017

A day late...but not short

Yesterday was blog day but somehow amidst my day of trying to calculate how I can generate some


extra vacation time and planning a birthday lunch for a colleague


I managed to not blog


I don't have a real topic so let's see what is on my mind


maybe I will just discuss what is going on with me in my world right now


I just returned from Detroit for a fast and furious weekend to celebrate my sisters' bridal luncheon


it's always good to go home


there is nothing like sleeping in my bed


YES I said MY bed


there is nothing like being under the roof with my parents


I feel like I can step out of my mommy role for a minute and just let loose drink wine


and be April


because after all from the moment Grampy picked Jord and I up from the airport


I recognize that it's all about her and they are there to love on her and indulge her


as grandparents do so well


Saturday I sat at the "family" table of the most beautiful women besides my Mom


although technically my Mom was at the table too


As a young woman growing up it is SO key to have the proper role models and mentors


they help guide you and influence you


I sat and looked at my two Moms and surrogate Aunts :Sabrina, Jennie, and Debbie


and thought wow this is the epitome of Essence magazine and beauty inside and out


these women oozed class and classic beauty and elegance


from their well put together appropriate ensembles to their care of themselves and the warmth and


obvious love of their family


leaving the luncheon yes I was excited about my sister's upcoming nuptials


but more than anything I walked away excited to be a woman and loving family


AND seeing women who are all aging yet not aging but doing so gracefully and so well


There were elements of all 5 women that I can weave into my life and into ME


Nothing is more empowering then seeing women who are strong and courageous and who have lived


life but not let life live them


despite different seasons and storms these pillars still are standing


standing with the awe inspiring womanliness that makes me proud to be a woman


Soooo to my Mom, my other Mom and my Aunts..


thank you for being excellent role models and showing me "how it's done"!