Friday, June 6, 2014

it's gonna be a LOVELY day!!!!!!

well today is everyone's FAVORITE day

a day of relax and easing into the weekend

i was up last night at 130 and wide awake until around 4ish for the second time this week

that's so unlike me

of course my mind tends to be super active during those hours

#1-i looked over at my sweet child who lay besides VERY deep in slumber and i thought how even though prior to bed she was testing every boundary, when she was sleep, there was an innocence, my amazing child

and the thought that ensued from watching her was just how precious life is
before i was a mother my point of view
my grasp of the world was so limited
i was self centered and even in my thought to think i was worldly i was SELF CENTERED

until you are a parent you will lack that element
but the moment you have created that life or have that charge and responsibility
it is monumental
to know i grew a child
that thought never fails to wow me and render me speechless
so while she is crossing over into the TRYING THREES
i LOVE her and i am SO blessed to have her to hold her to love her

which leads me to thought #2 i saw a quote on Pinterest and it said if you are going to complain about those who have more than you don't forget to acknowledge those who have less than you

Some days I want to complain about not being able to have all the things I might want
and one of the funny ways to humble yourself is to think of those memes that say FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

and that is a good way to think about it
yes i want to complain sometimes about living on the 4th floor with a toddler and lugging stuff up and down and yes somedays its okay to vent but keeping it in perspective that just a few zip codes over there are folks who would PRAY to have an apt such as mine

It puts things back in perspective VERY quick
I have food, my needs are met, I have a new car, I have super AC, and I have an AMAZING support system so in many ways I am rich beyond compare

do i have days when the weight of the world seems to be on my shoulders YES but I am able to have a glass of adult beverage and get a nights sleep and then you know what
the next day because there is a next day i can try again
i can shoot for another day

life is meant  to be lived
life is meant to be enjoyed
everything in life cannot be calculated and put on a timeline
life cannot be spent questioning everything that happens
everyone that enters your life or everyone that leaves it

sometimes we need a reminder of the beauty of things but when you see the beauty ..really stop and see it
see the beauty
smell the roses
embrace it
its a gift