As I was riding home today after an overall pleasant and cheerful Monday that started off rushed and feeling like I was running behind
I drove home.... leisurely, windows down enjoying the 83 degree breeze which was such a welcome feeling after a summer full of scorching HOT days
BUT my thought of the day
As I read my morning devotional it was entitled "When your story doesn't stick to the script"
I read it this morning at 545am but I did not really comprehend the meaning until now
Even the way my day started.. I planned to be up and out the house on time
I planned to wake up have a little study/quiet time and then do some quick exercise
I PLANNED to have Jordan to school on time this morning
BUT... my story didn't stick to the script
i lingered in bed a little longer than i should have
i woke up and had study time but not the exercise time i planned to devote
i got downstairs and was delayed making tea and then packing my lunch and then taking the trash out
i left the house 10 minutes before the time Jordans bus leaves the school
my morning was anything BUT smooth and then I sat in traffic for an extra 40 ish minutes
my time before 830 had ALL the makings for ONE OF THOSE MONDAYS
and to boot i had a mild to severe tummy ache on my way to work
somehow between my morning and my day, something happened
something changed...the chaos melted away
i was replaced with a calm and a focus
my day went well
my day went great
my lunch was great
my exchanges at work were pleasant and productive
i left work and picked up my cupcake (her new self-requested name)
i came home to a clean home
and all i could think was when i woke up this morning , this was not the vision i had for my day BUT everything worked out and worked out well
my prayer for everyone today is that when life is hectic
when life is smooth
when life makes sense
when life is a series of "what the mouses'"
no matter what LIFE IS at this moment
just breathe
breathe and know this too shall pass
breathe and enjoy the moment
breathe and be thankful
thankful for where you are and thankful for where you are NOT
if life were perfect how boring would that be
if life were the most flawless script...would you want to read it? would you want to skim it? would you want to burn it and just enjoy the journey?
my prayer is that you embrace the trials...and just know that triumphs come out of them
i pray that you always smile, especially on Mondays when everyone is probably feeling the same as you
i hope that you all realize one bad minute or one bad moment does not mean a bad day or a bad life
and most of all...be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life
so think positive, think happy, think joy, think faith...think LOVE