In recent news there have been lots of opportunities for the kid free or the stricter parents or those with AN OPINION to have something to say
to make a stand, to let their voices be heard, to stand in judgment
to make bold claims about what they WOULD have done
or questioning another parents parenting skills
and if can stand here honestly I can say for a moment I too was in the camp of HOW COULD YOU and keep a better eye on your child
BUT then i realized once I stand on my soapbox to judge these Moms, I need to be able to stand their and willingly be stoned and judged for everything I have done..not just as a person, but as a woman, as a friend, as a partner, AND as a Mom
and THAT got me thinking...trips to McDonalds, late bed times, my child having a severe affinity towards bacon, well swine and CLEARLY Grampy fried chicken
it got me thinking about indiscretions, bad choices, wrong choices of words, hurt feelings, poor behavior, lack of authenticity, and the list goes ON
If I went from zero to one hundred over these issues and I proclaim to have a spiritual foundation, what about those with no moral compass, what about those with who are the UNOFFICIAL judges of the world
and THAT is what makes the world a scary place..
what makes us feel so qualified and empowered to make such stands against others
who gave us the right
and the fact that we dont blink at how easily we judge and how fast we make proclamations about others and their lifestyle and life choices and while there are laws and rules and social norms and morally right vs morally wrong for those grey areas in between....who appointed us to make the call on those
so while the latest zoo incident did cause me to think not so much about charging the mom BUT it did make me question how we run zoos, because i do feel that we need to protect the voiceless better
if we cannot enjoy animals safely and from afar and take in their beauty and majesty without endangering us or them , then it is better to not enjoy them beyond the tv or books
that sounds harsh BUT these animals are already forced into captivity the least we could do is protect them...then again for the pro PETA folks, i'm sure some will say Harambe was put out of his misery and is no longer living restrained and unhappy
just a thought