and his Terrible, Horrible...No good, VERY BAD DAY....
I vehemently concur !!!
I didn't write yesterday and then today I was actually kinda busy at work AND I had an abbreviated day so I didn't get a chance to ummm well take my normally allocated "personal time" we shall call it :)
So my morning started off pretty swell and even though I was anticipating a boring 2 hour meeting, I was NOT prepared for the extent to which that meeting would draw on and draw out and really get under my skin especially at the end when I had finally made it to the two hour mark when the meeting was due to be over and people kept talking, people kept talking as if someone else was not waiting for our conference room, people kept talking as if they had ALL day, people kept talking as if 2 hours was NOT enough to cover the material, people just KEPT talking... if you have not guessed by now, it really got under my skin and it's now been added to my pet peeves list and other poor office etiquette list.
moving on.....
the rest of my day was great and dare i say productive :)
I left early to go get my little to have some allergy tests run ...soooo i was told it was simply going to be like scratches on the back and that is what Jord was prepared for and i was prepared for a quick n easy visit to the office...welllllll that is NOT QUITE what happened
after she's in my lap the doctor pulls out the first panel of allergens and there must have been 8 on each panel and into jordan's skin she presses and THE SCREAMS and THE TEARS began and the look of horror and that she had been lied to was written all over her face....NOT COOL
be honest with me and my child so we can be prepared and not go into a situation like that expecting a walk in the park
so then we sat and within 5 minutes we learned that our puppy that we were picking out would not be coming this year...as i watched her back puff up and the doctor immediately said oh yea she's got some allergies and some of them are at the full level of allergy
sooo we finished and then I GOT THE BILL....ok im still too salty to even write on this...but lets just say in the past 2-3 months on my daughters health I have paid around $5,000
now let me STOP right now and say I am blessed and I am not complaining because I am so VERY fortunate to be in a position to not have to choose between my childs health and other bills or not be able to have my child feeling better, so I know that is only God continually providing for me
I just wasnt expecting another bill today, but alas moving on
that was a quick lull before heading to teacher's conference which turned me into a ball of tears in awe at my baby who will officially be a kindergartner soon, they say don't blink and i try not to but my baby is a legit BIG girl...and a Big girl whose teacher feels is exceptional and so very ready for this next stage...i guess mommy just has to get there
sigh ...just...sigh
Jordan: "Mommy do you know what will make me feel better and forget about the shots"
Me: "What Jordan?"
Jordan: "Duck Donuts!!!!"
Me:*blank stare-drives truck to Duck Donuts*
Finally we return home and Im thinking I just want to get in and curl up in my robe, BUT before I can get to my safe spot I close the garage and while my truck was in, I was not in ENOUGH oh and what happens....yup the garage door comes down on my front...and because i miscalculated..I hit the button two more times before I realized I needed to back up more.....
sooo now at 744 pm i am finished a blog, from my couch, in my pink robe, and shortly is bed time , not just for my 4 year old but for me....lights out, melatonin wasted-lol
because today has BEEN A DAY...I won't say Terrible Horrible NO GOOD and VERY BAD but
there were highs and there were lows...I embrace the lows because after the lows follows a high and i can appreciate the highs more because of the lows BUT from a place of honesty I am looking forward to crawling in my big king size bed and letting my 4 year old crawl in as well and then sweet dreams